PFW

Dries Van Noten All images are courtesy of  Vogue.co.uk This round of Paris Fashion Week has allowed me to explore so many...



Dries Van Noten

All images are courtesy of Vogue.co.uk

This round of Paris Fashion Week has allowed me to explore so many new brands, that I'd never heard of before. It's amazing to see how different each fashion week is, from city to city, and Paris always seems to scream chic to me. French designers seem to have the ability to create the most sophisticated pieces out of the most luxurious fabrics, all whilst maintaining the 'I just rolled out of bed' look. Honestly, if I had the ability to dress like this, you'd probably see my face on the blog much more often.

Dries Van Noten
This show was truly stunning. Even though I edge towards the darker colors, I will admit that the colored prints were gorgeous. The intricate flowers combined with pops of bright yellows and oranges screamed Summer, which, ironically, seems to juxtapose many of the shows I've looked at this time around. I absolutely adore the purple hues, and the tulle. Hopefully, they will remain a trend for the rest of the shows!

Each x Other 

Now, I've never heard of this brand before today, but now, I regret that. The collection had a perfect mix of class, stylish teenager and French chic. It's a collection I could honestly see being popular with younger people, which is rare, considering who most shows are targeted at. There's the simple graphic tee, with a little bit of oomph. The classic French flag colors, and mere strut of the models just screams Paris, which, is exactly what every French designer wishes (I assume).


Anrealage 
Another brand I had never heard of... maybe I need to do a bit of French catch up. Although I found the black glasses unusual, I can't deny the beauty in the simple dresses. Some of the pieces had out there structure, but it fit in with the futuristic design of the glasses. The shoes in this collection were simple, and perfect! I always believe that outfits shouldn't be too busy, so, with these designs, the shoes fit in perfectly.

Balmain 

Even though most of the focus in the show was on the celebrity studded catwalk, you can't deny the stunning features of the collection. The pieces as a whole didn't wow me, but if you look closely at the individual items, you can see the intricate ideas by the designers. My personal favorite was the criss-cross design splattered across the collection, from head to toe (literally). 
Christian Dior 

Truthfully, the only thing that really stood out to me in this collection was the backdrop of the catwalk and the flowery jacket... The makeup here was also lovely, and reinforced the 'my face but better' trend of this months shows. I'm praying that 'no makeup' makeup becomes a thing, because, as the year goes on, I'm going to just get lazier and lazier with my face. Embracing your natural beauty is the best way to go, in my opinion!
Au natural is in!

Idris van Herpen
The different textures in this collection were gorgeous. That and the color combination (black, white and grey) were perfect. My personal favorites were the grey ensembles, which, I admit, is unusual for me. However, they had the most texture, and that always screams Autumn to me... Think knitted sweaters, scarves, and the leaves falling.

The texture here is stunning!

Valentino
This was my favorite collection by far. Between the major hair envy, textures, and simple makeup, this collection was perfect for Paris. I imagine this show to be much more New York style, with the cutouts and studs, so it was amazing to see Valentino create something that juxtaposed the stereotype. Also, can we just acknowledge the wooden catwalk? I loved it. Everything matched the collection's aesthetic... a viewers dream.



Here are some other pieces that blew off my metaphorical socks...

Moncler Gamme Rouge

Maison Rabih Kayrouz

Let me know what your favorite pieces were from the S/S16 collection! What has been your favorite week? 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Let us know your thoughts!

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.
Follow